BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAYS HAVE ARRIVED..
Time to think,
Time to create.
— By Jodie Pollock
This time of year calls out...
Steaks on the barbie, luscious pavlovas and vibrant fresh fruit & vegetables. It's this time of year gardens are waking up, and unearthing seasonal ingredients like
Strawberries, Beetroots, Zucchini Flowers, Tomatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin, Basil, Italian Parsley & Corn.
When I think of SPRING I think of loads of colour, Birthdays, Taco Tuesdays, Beers & Burgers. So it's good-bye to the comfort dishes and HELLO to the fresh sea foods, tropical salads & BBQ Chicken.
Colour is making a bold statement this year in the Aussie sweet classics. Things like fairy bread and retro slices are back, brighter & tastier then ever.
Join us over these next three months in making this Spring one of the tastiest Springs ever.
Here is my Pavlova recipe that I then had great fun topping with a few of my Aussie favorites to get things rolling.
6 egg whites
1.5 cups caster sugar
3 tsp cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper that has a circle marked out on it.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites and sugar on high until thick, glossy and sugar is dissolved.
3. Slow add in cornflour and vinegar until combined.
4. Spoon the meringue mix onto the lined tray. Mould the meringue into the circle shape and height you would like.
5. Place in oven and turn the temperature down to 100 digress. Bake for 1hour and a half or until the outside is crisp and dry. Turn oven off and leave the pav to cool with door slightly ajar.